Commitment to the Environment, Health, and Safety
Everyone at Blue Bay petroleum Inc. (BBPI) is responsible for protecting the safety, Health and environment of our people, customers and the community. Our commitment to safety, health and environment (SHE) performance is an integral part of our business, and achieving cost-effective SHE solutions is essential to our long-term success.
This means that all managers, supervisors, employees, and contractors shall:
• Conduct their activities in such a way which avoids injuries and occupational illness to themselves and the general public as well as eliminate all accidents and environmental incidents.
• Minimize or prevent the generation of emissions and wastes through source abatement, recycle where feasible, and ensure effective disposal of all wastes.
• Ensure that an effective Transportation Safety Management System is defined and implemented.
• Work towards the efficient use of energy and other natural resources such as water.
• Ensure that emergency plans and resources for emergency situation are defined, ready to use and periodically tested.
• Educate and provide assistance to our customers and the public on the safe and environmentally responsible use of our products.
• Help our business partners, vendors and service providers understand how their actions influence SHE performance.
• Communicate with the local authorities, neighboring community and others about our SHE programs and performance.
• Continue to improve our SHE performance through effective management systems.
• Be responsible and accountable for our personal safety performance through effective management systems.
• Be responsible and accountable for our personal safety performance and the safety of personnel and equipment under our care, and recognize those with outstanding SHE performance.
• Comply with all local laws and regulations.